Solving Bird Problems at Your Home or Business
Birds play an essential role in our environment, acting as pollinators, insect eaters, and seed dispensers. However, birds become a problem once they find their way into your home or business. Advanced Wildlife and Pest Control offer professional bird control services for home and business owners in Milwaukee, WI. Birds can cause a lot of damage to homes and office buildings. Our bird pest control experts offer wildlife removal near Milwaukee, with services including bird barriers and bird proofing. Our team can solve bird problems at your property in Wisconsin, including in Ozaukee County, Milwaukee County, Washington County, and Waukesha County. Learn more and get in touch with us to schedule a service.
The Problems Birds Present
Birds may be beautiful and majestic creatures, but they can cause lots of problems if they get inside your building. Bird droppings carry diseases, fleas, ticks, and mites. Woodpeckers looking for insects will peck holes into house siding. Grackles like to nest in bathroom vents, and seagulls can cause roof and gutter damage. Birds carry harmful diseases, create messes, damage buildings, and act as a general nuisance. Our team works with nature and not against it. One of the main issues with birds is the feces they produce. Bird droppings are unsightly and carry disease, and they can block gutters and displace roof tiles.
Bird Nest Removal Services
If you have bird nests on your property, our team removes them safely and efficiently. Our professionals have the experience, expertise, and equipment needed to provide residential and commercial bird nest removal services. We deal with all types of birds and bird nests in the Milwaukee area.
Diseases Carried by Birds
- Salmonella – Carried by pigeons and seagulls, this bacterium is left behind when the birds defecate and can lead to salmonellosis and paratyphoid fever.
- Fowl Pest – Also known as Newcastle disease or fowl plague, the fowl pest virus can be transmitted to humans if they’re exposed to fecal matter or other excretions from pigeons.
- Psittacosis – Also known as pigeon fancier’s lung or ornithosis, this disease can be transmitted by pigeons and seagulls, and humans can catch it by handling feathers or dried droppings.
- Coli – Escherichia coli is mainly spread by seagulls and can cause illnesses such as septicemia and gastroenteritis.
- Fungal Infections – Bird droppings from seagulls can lead to fungal infections, including histoplasmosis and cryptococcosis.
Types of Pest Birds
We provide bird control services for all birds native to Wisconsin, including:
Are Birds Protected by Law?
Certain pest birds are federally protected in Wisconsin and require specific regulations regarding bird control. The team at Advanced Wildlife and Pest Control specializes in bird control and management without violating any laws. Due to their contributions to our environment, birds are given considerable protection by law and regulations that govern what kind of bird control can be implemented. The Migratory Bird Treaty Act of 1918 protects most birds, their eggs, and their nests from being killed or destroyed. Depending on the species, special permits must be obtained. Our wildlife professionals handle pest birds in a legal and humane way.
Treatment & Control
How to Get Rid of Pest Birds
Our bird treatment and control services include bird inspections and bird control. Learn more:
Removing Birds & Other Pests
In addition to bird removal services, the team at Advanced Wildlife and Pest Control also offers comprehensive pest control, wildlife control, and rodent control services. We will keep your home or business free from these unwanted guests. Contact us today to get started by scheduling service.