While rodents have the reputation of gathering in unclean places, having rodents in your home doesn’t necessarily mean that your home is unsanitary. Mice and rats are scavengers. They will find a food source and shelter wherever they can. If your home’s or office’s foundation has a gap or holes, there is a good chance that mice have entered and are living inside, regardless of cleanliness.
Yes, rodents are not only a nuisance but can cause serious damage to your home or office.
- Contaminate food and transmit diseases like salmonella or ringworm
- Structural damage to buildings from their gnawing
- Ruined insulation from their nesting
- Fires or other damage and malfunctions to larger appliances from chewing on wires
- Lawn damage (vole are the main culprit for this)
Controlling rodents can be very difficult since they can enter your home through the smallest of cracks and crevices. Eliminating sources of food (like bird feeders, gardens, pet food, garbage cans) can help reduce rodent problems. If elimination isn’t possible, try to store such items in thick plastic totes. This can prevent the rodents from feeding on these items. For bird feeders, try to place these items farther away from your home.
Give Advanced Wildlife Control a call if mice or rats have already entered your home. Our technicians will eliminate your rodent problems and seal up any possible entry points.